Dan sent a great PDF on living with multiple myeloma and it definitely should be posted here. We need to remember many of the things this suggests. These are critical to managing the disease so let’s stay on dad’s heels and remind him of these things every day! I think he’s getting tired of me asking him if he’s drinking enough water.
- You are your own best care coordinator. Your doctors are busy. Keep charts, track trends, etc.
- Drink at least 3 liters of water a day to help your kidneys. Dad did you drink your water today?
- Avoid sick people! We have to be highly cognizant of bringing sick kids around dad. And you know they’re always sick, so, be careful.
- Take a recorder to the doctor. Listen. Later on write down notes.
- Talk with other MM patients. Join a support group.
- Relax! No stress. Exercise. Improve your diet. Can he still have wine??
- Educate yourself. This is where we can help. We all need to do our part to stay on top of new treatments and trials.